**Sections originally published June 22, 2007
Ok, so yesterday, I made quite the declaration of hardness when it comes to the metaphysical. I do believe in God, an afterlife, and occasional oddities…but general mystic stuff just ain’t my thing. I am not real sure if I think that it works, if it is just a placebo effect of things that could have been accomplished if you had just done the work, or something I just put off.
But, I know I believe in intellectual honesty. I also know I believe in the growth and evolution of self. So, in honor of those things, I feel it necessary to acknowledge the fact that there is one area where I am already completely comfortable with, if not addicted to, the facade of the placebo.
I totally dig on comfort items.
- Right now, I am drinking Chocolate Velvet coffee – not because it tastes good, but because it feels good.
- When I was in the Navy going through the 2nd hardest school they had to offer, I, the squared away, had the matching Winnie the Pooh notebook and pen.
- Before I deployed, I bought a pretty purple pen because it made me smile.
- I own 4 Webkinz myself because they make me giggle.
- I have a favorite coffee mug (which the Chocolate Velvet Coffee is in right now).
- I will start having my husband light up the fireplace too early in the fall.
- I have a favorite blanket.
- I have footy pajamas.
They say confession is good for the soul – so, couple this with today’s affirmations and I should be unstoppable!
I still believe firmly in comfort items. When someone (usually my beloved) says, “that’s all in your head,” I think to myself, “Well, where else does it need to be??”
- I now drink black coffee…and it still feels good
- I have an overall passion for office supplies
- I am a sucker for Minions
- I have a coffee mug collection (and have begun to switch some out becasue they don’t make me quite so happy anymore)
- Still love a good fire (although I do not hope for the cold)
- I have swapped out a great blanket for awesome socks
- And I still love comfy pjs