’twas my birthday on Saturday 🙂 And we all know how much I LOVE birthdays. This one was no different. Husband strategically placed a wonderful card, lots of kisses from the girls, full inbox of well wishes, myspace was hopping, and mom made dinner. Did I mention I had to work? Even that went well. Birthdays seldom disappoint.
My birthday is like everybody else’s traditional New Year’s. I spend some time reflecting on the past year and planning the next. I never make resolutions. I used to develop expectations. This year I exchanged them for intentions (look for that explanation later in the week).
What went great:
- We welcomed Morgan into the world!
- Then I got off the baby weight 😉
- I got comfortable in my writing skin and developed my blogs and website.
- I became more involved in my community, both business and personal.
- I have made some great friends.
- My career is taking off.
- I learned to create goals and think in a different way.
What didn’t go so great:
- WHO CARES?!?! It’s my birthday! This is a whole new year. I am a busy woman with no time to dwell on past mistakes, hurts, or missteps. I am here in the now, excited about tomorrow and having the time of my life!
That’s what it is all about after all. Recognizing that all the “errors” in life are only fatal if we let them be, hurtful if we carry them around, painful if we repeat them, and failures if we refuse to learn from them.