There is no doubt that interwebs are full of nutty folks doing less than honorable things. Dissenters of blogger journalism and social media inter-connectivity rightly identify some of the ugly nasty that happens when folks can remain safely anonymous behind their computer screens and promote ugly from a keyboard.
However, it has been my experience that what you surround yourself expands. The past 2 years I have focused on surrounding myself with folks who are determined to be better – both for themselves and the community at large.
Expansion has happened again.
I have had the recent opportunity to connect with some super supportive runner folks over at Running Bloggers. Caroline, the membership and sponsorship coordinator of the group, mentioned an organization called “kindrunner.” With a name like that, of course I was curious.
Joe was quick to respond to my inquiry and a pleasure to speak with. It took little more than the length of two twitter posts to realize this was an organization I could support.
At Kindrunner we have 3 main goals:
1. Make running as fun, enjoyable, and injury and stress free as possible for all of our customers
2. Reduce the running community’s impact on the environment as much as we possibly can
3. Help people in need all around the world by repurposing used running shoes
As a mommy runner who didn’t discover the sport until her 30’s, it speaks to the camaraderie and support. As a mom, the importance of being a good steward and helping both naturally, locally, and globally. As an athlete who is always pushing the envelope, the availability of great new products.
I wanted to know what I could do to help.
Kindrunner is like any other start up in that it needs you to know about it…and it needs you to understand it, love it support it, and tell your friends about it.
I can do that. I am hoping you will too!
The official launch date is June 1st. But don’t wait! Here is what you can do today (and it really isn’t anything different than you do now anyway).
- Check out kindrunner.com. Sign up for the newsletter. Ask a question if you have one. Get a teeny bit excited.
- Follow kindrunner on twitter. Maybe hook them up with a #FF or RT for good measure.
- YouTube tickle your fancy? Of course they are there.
- And of course a kindrunner facebook like would be awesome. Maybe even share the page while you are there.
- Coolio Instagram pics are starting to come in too!’
And that’s really it…until June 1st…
OH!! And don’t forget to start pulling out those old running shoes…you are gonna really like what happens next!