I’m still not sure how I came across the post originally. It could have been the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge Group. It could have been my feed-reader. Maybe a random stumble on. I don’t know. But I found it…
And it is true, I am a sucker for great marketing and coolio little badge thingys. I adore social groupy stuff. Little bit of friendly challenge/competition Heehee I love it. And it’s running too? And I was already a bit revved up on wild changes. So, when these things combined for a 2013 challenge to run 13 races in 2013, I was obviously interested. And they didn’t all have to be super long distances. I could shoot for the halves with a few fulls and ultras sprinkled for variety and still be in…so what did this all create??
And so what do you do when
- You really like to run (and a half marathon distance wants to be your favorite)
- A chick who rocks hard enough to SHAVE HER HEAD for charity says you can do it
- The female with the physique you use as motivation says go for it
- A run buddy uses the pronoun “we”
You sign up…
What the hell was I thinking 🙂
Actually, I think it will be a lot of fun.
How does this involve you? Well, a few ways
- Join in with us (See Jennifer, I am so comfortable with that idea – “Inadvertent” or otherwise!). Check out Jill’s blog and pick the challenge that works best for you.
- Root me on! Subscribe to TTSW and watch for my updates. The comment section here, my facebook page, and my twitter are great places for tidbits of encouragement. *Side note – I promise to return the favor!
- Help me out. Finding different races and paying for it all can be a bit tough. If you know of a neat race (at least a half marathon in distance), have ways to find discounts and reduced rates on entry, travel, and lodging, or know of a business that would love to be bragged on for their awesomeness in exchange for not having to run the race themselves 🙂 let me know.
I do have a few planned already ~~~~
- 01/12/2013 ~ Ledesma Rails to Trails Ultra Marathon (50k)
- 02/02/2013 ~ Critz Tybee Run Fest Half Marathon (13.1)
- 06/22/2013 ~ Bad Marsh Night Ultra (50k)
Last year I would have thought the above list was pretty impressive…now it’s less than 25% of what I have committed to… perhaps I need to BE committed…
…LOVE MY RUN FAMILY 🙂