Bone Care – VITAMIN D – A Sunny Supplement
The Sunshine Vitamin
Vitamin D is unique because of the human body’s ability to absorb and store it after being exposed to sunlight. Food sources of Vitamin D are limited, which is a major reason why supplementing can be so important. Another important reason to take a Vitamin D supplement is that a lack of exposure to sunlight may reduce Vitamin D levels in the body, especially in the winter.
A study showed that as many as 75% of all teenagers and adults in America could use more Vitamin D in their diets. Researchers found that large amounts of Vitamin D stored in the skin from the previous summer were used by the body to meet its daily needs. The researchers concluded that daily intake of Vitamin D through food alone is most likely inadequate to meet the body’s needs unless people are exposed to large amounts of sunlight in the summer months.
- Up to 75% of teens and adults could use more Vitamin D
- Works with calcium to maintain healthy bones and teeth in adults
- Assists in maintaining a healthy immune system
- Supports breast and colon health
- Promotes neuromuscular function and the health of the pancreas
Yours in Health,