Amanda Overmyer – First up is one of my favorites. The thing I like about her is that she knows just who she is. She looks like she has been doing this forever. Tonight is no exception.
- Randy – bit pitchy, but good
- Paula – timing a bit off, but she is wonderful
- Simon – predictable, same thing week after week
Kristie Lee Cook – Trying to bounce back from what most saw as a disastrous week…I dunno. I liked last week. I am not crazy about tonight. She seems to be a bit off.
- Randy – needed more emotion
- Paula – a little safe
- Simon – not a good performer but better this week
David Archuleta – Tonight he is concentrating on the positives…hope he does better this week than last week. Maybe he will remember most of the lyrics. What a phenom voice this kid has. I wish I liked him more. There is just something about him. He’s good…maybe I’ll reconsider it in about 5 years.
- Randy – brought the hotness
- Paula – most exciting because of the purity
- Simon – amazing
Michael Johns – My favorite. Here’s hoping. And there he goes. This guy just gets it. This is the reason he is my favorite.
- Randy – not his best.
- Paula – better in dress rehearsal
- Simon – a mess
*Guess it goes without saying that I totally disagree
Brooke White – One of my top three. Her voice is way better than her dance moves. She seems so awkward moving around. I don’t care – she sounds great!
- Randy – awkward
- Paula – Can’t help but smile when I hear you sing
- Simon – terrible
David Cook – One of those truly talented guys. What is that other mic for? He is doing a great job. That’s what it’s for! Very cool! My favorite performance of the night so far.
- Randy – solid look for David Cook
- Paula – ready to go sell records
- Simon – don’t think it’s at good as you thought it was (maybe he is talking to me?)
Carly Smithson – Her top is horrid. But she sounds really good. She is really subtle. I am waiting for it to get big. I am sure it is coming soon. There it was a bit. I am thinking the judges will love it. I am kinda neutral
- Randy – another great performance
- Paula – amazing tone
- Simon – didn’t like the song choice at all (I would have to agree)
Jason Castro – Ugh! Unless something amazing happens in the next 30 sec…what was he thinking? Awful. First performance I hated.
- Randy – I don’t know
- Paula – disconnected when away from the guitar
- Simon – lucky it’s TV and not radio
Syesha Mercado – I am just not a fan…she sounds really good. I have just never connected to her. Not a person I enjoy watching. I am sure I am in the minority.
- Randy – very, very, very good
- Paula – beautiful
- Simon – probably her best performance so far
Chikezie – I am warming up to him a bit. Don’t know how I feel about this performance. I’ll sit the fence. It was a bit much. Maybe a little touch of “trying to hard”
- Randy – Strange
- Paula – Showing his depth
- Simon – harmonica was atrocious
Ramiele Malubay – Not sure what she was thinking when she was getting dressed. And I am not sure about the song. Her vocals are usually great. If ever there was a time Simon should use the word “karaoke”, it’s now.
- Randy – wasn’t jumping up and down, but it was alright
- Paula – better than last week
- Simon – sounded very amateurish
So…who’s going home…hmmm…I think Savannah Red may have just been a week early. My money is on Kristie Lee Cook.