Looking back on this month to get together 5 things that I have learned was enlightening and a bit painful. October was an incredibly stressful month. But I will not complain. I will learn (rapidly) and decrease my stress for November.
1. Mom is tougher than the postman – But do not underestimate the power of the illness or its lasting effect when it cycles through your home and sets up camp in your body. Sometimes bulldogging through it instead of taking the down time that you really need can actually be more time costly…which leads to #2
2. Priority is a must – Steve couldn’t have said it any better. Not properly employing this habit exponentially increases stress. This is a habit I need to make better use of…which leads right into #3
3. Schedules that are too fluid will leak – Do I love My Beautiful Chaos? You bet I do! But, out of control chaos lacks balance and anything out of balance tips over…which leads to #4 🙂
4. Clutter throws the best balance and spills all over the place. Clutter is loud, distracting, depressing, and counter productive. It is also infectious. Clutter in my house will move to my office, will grow in my schedule, will infect my brain, and fill up my heart. I need to clear it out…so, finally, #5
5. Separating the wheat from the chaff is easier said than done. I’ll discuss this further later (Read – as soon as I get my mind wrapped around what I mean). In the meantime, I’d love to hear what, if anything, that statement says to you.