I’m totally serious. I have an uncontrollable office supplies fetish. I’ve known this since I was a young girl. I’ve always had OCD and I adore unpacking a fresh bundle of supplies and putting them on in their places on the shelves (but don’t tell anyone that I love the smell of packing plastic- it’s like floaties in the summer)! Today, school starts in Texas and in honor of this momentus occassion, I would like to share with you five ways to start your very own office supplies fetish:
1. The easiest way to become addicted is to shop for awesomely unique supplies at See Jane Work (see? that’s Jane to the left)! You’ll be the envy of all the diva types in the office, so get to shopping!
2. Follow Martha Stewart. Her hints are classic and I’m her biggest fan! Check out this idea for a dream desk- it is perfect for your home office or for that unused space in your bedroom.
3. Free up desk space with this LCD Monitor Mount. It may not write on paper, but I still consider it a hot office supply!
4. Lifehacker supports my fetish and recently wrote about magnetic tacks! Pin the tack on your board and it will hold on to other magnets, a metal pen or a number of other items, check it out!
5. My last suggestion on how to become addicted to office supplies is to invest in a pack of Sharpies. Don’t sniff them, but write with them (we’ve talked about Sharpies before)!
So, ladies and gentlemen, which of the Top 5 will you pursue to adopt my addiction in your life? What would you add to this list?