And, since you are dying to know…here are the answers to the bloggy challenge:
- Kekuewa (Kay cu eva) – “Sassy”
- Kauailani (kwhy ee lonnie) – “Flower from heaven”
- Kahaunani (ka how non e) – “Morning dew in heaven”
- Pakalana (pak uh lonna) – Pakalana is a beautiful, sweet smelling flower
Also had a lot of folks wonder what the story was behind all those Hawaiian names. Well, my dad is Hawaiian. My great grandma named me, and my folks carried on the tradition. When I had children of my own, it was my desire to do so as well.
- My oldest was given mine
- The next two are named after two of my aunties
- Our baby got the middle name “Pakalana” after Mark asked if she could have his initials. Pakalana is the name of two of the greatest women I know.
And there’s the story. Can’t wait to figure out when the next bloggy contest will be