It is interesting how much debate this issues has created and the fierce passions it has raised in the community. The Bryan County News has been filled with articles, editorials, and public opinion concerning this issue.
While it may seem that this school system is terribly divided over this and other recent issues, I believe we are still keeping first things first.
Compared to the state average, Bryan county students:
- perform better on State Math Tests
- perform better on State Reading Tests
- Score 2.4 points higher on the ACT
- Score 19 points higher on the SAT Reasoning Test
- Score 2 points higher on the PSAT/NMSQT
- have a 19.9% higher rate of AP scores 3 or better
- have a 7.7% higher graduation rate
- have a 1% lower drop out rate
We may not agree on everything, but the education of our children is still top of the agenda.