The Meme – Sellsius says it rhymes with “dream” so I’ll go with that. Christine says it’s five things people don’t know about you – okay, maybe I won’t go that far…but I’ll try to keep it interesting.
1. Children are my passion. All of them. Put kids in the mix and I am in. I believe there are irrefutable truths about children that cannot be ignored and thus gives them the right to demand our attention, affection, and highest priority. They did not ask to be here and when they get here they are unable to care for themselves. They are our future – corny I know, but a fact. Whatever situation your life, your community, your society, your world is in – its not their fault, they just got here. They will be responsible for raising our grandchildren. This is my driving motivation as a parent. These little darlings are not just my kids, they are the parents of my grandchildren. They deserve the best shot we can give then
2. Rocky Balboa is my pop icon hero. I have them all, I love them all – even V. Yes, it is my calltone. I find his simple humanity thought provoking and inspiring. It has all things a great story should – unconditional love and loyalty, heart breaking defeat, fist pumping victories, and an unwavering desire to accomplish your dreams.
3. My husband is my BFF. We are the same in all the ways that are important and different in all the ways that are fun. There is no one on the planet I would rather spend time with. He is my biggest supporter and my strongest debater. He keeps me sharp and he keeps me safe. I trust him with my life and with the lives of our children.
4. I am addicted to cashews and Webkinz. Not real sure how either happened. The cashews taste good, curb cravings, and right my blood sugar. Webkinz are great for downtime, when baseball games are on TV, and when I am basically ready to veg with something stupid. Oh yeah, they’re cute too – the Webkinz, not the cashews.
5. I am really glad my folks are my folks. They raised their kids different from a lot of people. Even different to certain extent from how I raise their grandchildren. But they are real, they are good, and they love me. My mother is my confidant, and my best girl friend. As far as women go, she is the best. My dad is great. Don’t believe me – he fixed my zipper.
Whew – that was fun…I am suppose to tag some other people now…I guess I had better go figure out who! I think everybody but me already has one!